Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Only you satisfy:

I have so much to say on this and since there's quite a bit of excitement it may be a little flustered and my thoughts might be every which way, so bare with me! :)

While hanging out with some good friends a couple days ago the book of Jeremiah was mentioned, this friend shared with us what she had been learning and the passion that she spoke with made me decide to read it. This saying I made a mental note to read it sometime and then continued on with life, honestly not really thinking twice about it. That next day I spent some time outside reading, worshiping and journaling. When this was all done I realized that I had in fact made a note to read Jeremiah.
Whoa! Knowing my memory and tendency to forgetfulness I knew that reading this book wasn't just me wanting it but God. Hmm I thought, well yeah okay I'll read Jeremiah. Not really thinking I threw out a prayer going alone the lines of "Help me learn something Lord, and keep my heart open to want you're wanting to teach me." So open my Bible I did, and that's where I was BLOWN away by who exactly he is, and who I am. The Lord chose Jeremiah to carry out his message and one of the first messages he gives Jeremiah is this, vs. 4
"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb.
Before you were born I set you apart and appointed
you as my prophet to the nations."
( and this isn't just truth for Jeremiah it's truth that He speaks to every single one of us. This exact verse also stated in Psalms 139, how awesome right!) Anyway, Jeremiah replies to this, with (paraphrasing here, if you want the exact words I encourage you to pick up Jeremiah ) fear, stating that he is in fact too young. Interesting... I remember thinking wow, J , we have a lot in common. However the Lord doesn't laugh and so "haha you're right I made a mistake I'll just move on to the next person." Nuh uh! He tells Jeremiah not to be afraid! why you ask? Because He will be with him. Plain and simple. As I continued reading I went along and underlined more that the Lord told Jeremiah "Do not be afraid." "You will stand against the whole land." "They will fight you but they will not fail, for I am with you, and I will take care of you. I the Lord have spoken." Can we just take a moment to realize that Jeremiah just like every one of us was AFRAID. He had fear! But instead of letting that stop him, he chose to listen to God, to his promises, and to the truth. Life is going to throw us curve balls sometimes ( I'm assuming a curve ball is bad... hahaha) however it's our choice what we choose to do with that. Will we listen to the lies that the world and the enemy is telling us, or the promise from the Lord that he will be there, and that he will in fact take care of us. Every day it's a choice, man y times we may make the wrong one, but today and everyday I will choose to let the Lord fight my battles. Okay so you see what I mean? the book of Jeremiah is a m a z i n g. Moving on to chapter two. Here's where Jeremiah is telling a message to Jerusalem from the Lord. Jerusalem has turned away from God and with that have seriously gone downhill, and fast! These people have "traded their gods for new ones." (shudder) While reading this I grew sad, recognizing some of these actions from Jerusalem in our own day and age. Then BOOM, this verse POPPED out at me. oh my goodness I'm so excited to share with y'all! " For my people have done two evil things; They have abandoned me --- the fountain of living water And they have dug for themselves cracked cisterns that can hold no water at all!" Instantly that verse hit my heart as hard as it could. And I gasped, out loud. Though God was speaking to Jerusalem, he was also using Jeremiah's exact words to speak to me. Now for the past year I have really started to understand what it means to thirst for him. Like the old hymn. "As a deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after thee." I think that helps portray the picture, on how much we need him. Any way throughout the year that has been my prayer to encounter Him and to NEVER lose this thirst I have for him. That saying, though I was familiar with "thirsting" for him, and him being our FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATER ( I absolutely love this )I had not thought about the idea of quenching that thirst with something else. Yet being very truthful I do it often. I find something and sometimes (quite often ;( ) i put it in front of Him. I am quenching that thirst with something else! UGGHHHHHHH As I read the verse I chuckled at the stupid idea of using cracked cisterns ( think a jar or as I thought a waterbottle) to get water and drink it. It obviously wont work! Ughhh then boom I was hit again. I do that! I think that this life will quench this thirst I have form him.. when in fact, it most certainly will not. A couple days ago I went on a small adventure with my sister, before we started out we both grabbed water bottles, she filled hers with lots of ice and cold water while I chose to fill mine with regular water thinking "I'll be fine!" anyway continuing with the story, the hike was a bit intense and on the way back we both pulled out our water bottles. I immediately regretted my choice because 2 hours in a backpack and a hot summer day will turn any water bottle into a mini hot tub which is not enjoyable to drink. My sister however was at that same exact moment drinking from her cold ( might I add delicious ) water.. Of course after one sip of my water I was resigning myself to the horrible water, however my sister being the nice person that she is ( sometimes... ) gave me some of hers. Needless to say the difference between these two was vast! and it was only later that it hit me. That's what God was saying. we are choosing to fulfill this thirst with the wrong things, and hoping that it will do it's job to fill us. The Lord is standing back waiting for us to see for ourselves that he is the ONLY thing that will fill us. <

 This is also amazing and helps visualize choosing the world when the Lord is waiting for us to turn to Him. - Life house skit (look up in YouTube cuz I haven't' figured out how to put a link in sorry)

Wow guys that was long, so thanks for all who kept on reading. :) All that being said, I am really enjoying reading Jeremiah, and all that I am learning, and encourage you folks to read it as well!

P.S. This might be a recurring thing but listen to " Come to Me " by Bethel Music, it'll rock your socks off.
  Come to Me, I'm all you need
Come to Me, I'm your everything
I am your anchor, in the wind and the waves I am your steadfast, so don't be afraid
Though your heart and flesh may fail you I'm your faithful strength I am with you wherever you go

Alright peace out guys, also thanks to everyone who has sent encouraging messages about this "blog." What a true blessing and encouragement y'all of been.

No comments:

Post a Comment